Life has returned to normal for most of us, but there is still a possibility of contracting COVID-19. Below are some tips and resources to help keep you safe during a visit with your dentist.
Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer. By washing your hands before and after a visit, you greatly reduce your chances of you or others becoming sick.
Stay home if feeling ill. Contact your dental clinic as soon as you can to reschedule your appointment.
Get vaccinated. Vaccines are effective and safe for protecting our health, as well as the health of family and community members. Here are some resources to learn more:
- AHS – COVID-19 immunization for children under 12
- Canadian Pediatric Society – COVID-19 vaccine for children and youth
- Government of Canada – Vaccines for children: COVID-19
- Canada.ca – Vaccine safety, concerns, and possible side effects
- Canada.ca – COVID-19 vaccine information
- Centre for Effective Practice (CEP)
- 19 to 0: United against COVID-19
For more information on infection prevention and control standards for COVID-19, visit the College of Dental Surgeons of Alberta.